Topical application of an extract delivering 100 nmol sulforaphane/cm(2) increased the protein levels of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1), glutathione S-transferase A1, and heme oxygenase 1, three representative phase 2 enzymes, in mouse skin epidermis.
What does HO1 stand for?
HO1 stands for Heme Oxygenase 1
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Hydrographic Office
- 10.1152/ajprenal.00140.2001.-Heme oxygenase-1
- Heme Oxygenase Isozyme-1
- Heme oxygenase type 2
- High Order-Domain Specific Part
- Higher-Order Finite-Difference Time-Domain
- High-Order Variant of the Generalized Extended Born Approximation
- Higher-Order Optical Channel Data Unit
- Hydrographic Office, Washington, DC
Samples in periodicals archive:
The static mRNA level of aminolevulenic acid synthase 1, heme oxygenase 1 and heme oxygenase 2 in the shell gland was also examined in our laboratory.
Cellular stimulation and heme oxygenase 1 (HO-1) immunoblotting.
The researchers demonstrated that oxidative stress in epithelial cells caused the formation of heme oxygenase 1 and other markers.
Ginkgo biloba extract neuroprotective action is dependent on heme oxygenase 1 in ischemic reperfusion brain injury.