Topical application of an extract delivering 100 nmol sulforaphane/cm(2) increased the protein levels of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1), glutathione S-transferase A1, and heme oxygenase 1, three representative phase 2 enzymes, in mouse skin epidermis.
What does HMOX stand for?
HMOX stands for Heme Oxygenase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Habitat Module Outfitting System
- High Density Metal Oxide Semiconductor
- High-performance Metal Oxide Semiconductor (see MOS)
- High-speed Metal Oxide Semiconductor
- Hinchley Manor Operatic Society (Surrey, England, UK)
- Helicopter Multimission Optronic Stabilized Payload
- Heuristic Minimization of Overlapping Tasks
- High Mobility Operating Vehicle
- Historical Markers of Williamson County (book; Tennessee)
- Habitat Management Plan (conservation; various locations)
- Half-Marathon Pace (running)
- Handmade Paper
- Hardware Maintenance Program
- Harmonie Municipale Pétange (Luxembourg orchestra; Pétange, Luxembourg)
- Haughton-Mars Project (NASA)
- Hayes Microcomputer Products (modems)
- Hazard Mitigation Plan (New York, NY)
- Hazardous Materials Program (various locations)
- Head Mounted Projector (optical technology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This research has extended to the direct product of heme oxygenase enzymatic activity, carbon monoxide (CO).
The higher bioactivity of heme oxygenase in the BSD shell gland may be responsible for producing the higher biliverdin concentration.
Heme oxygenase 1: another possible target to explain the neuroprotective action of resveratrol, a multifaceted nutrient-based molecule.
SnPP inhibits the activity of the heme oxygenase enzyme, reversing the susceptibility to salmonellosis in malaria infections.
Results: TGS dose-dependently and significantly increased CPF and improved systolic and diastolic function of the ischemia/reperfused rat heart, while inhibitors of NO synthase (NOS), soluble guanylate cyclase (sGC), heme oxygenase (HO), cyclooxygenase (COX), and potassium channel abolished the vasodilation effect of TGS.
 Human genes: HMOX1, heme oxygenase (decycling) 1; BLVRA, biliverdin reductase A; SLCO1B1, solute carrier organic anion transporter family member 1B1; UGT1A1, bilirubin UDP-glucuronosyl transferase 1 family, polypeptide A1; ABCC2, ATP-binding cassette subfamily C (CFTR/MRP), member 2; G6PD, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
9:15 ANALYSIS OF HEME OXYGENASE IN SHEEPSHEAD MINNOWS, CYPRINODON VARIEGATUS Christina Vorhoff (1*), Matthew A.