There are three categories of submission: hematoxylin and eosin stains, special stains and an open stain category.
What does H+E stand for?
H+E stands for Hematoxylin and Eosin Stain (microbiology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Houston & Texas Central
- Heating and Ventilation
- Hampshire and Western Railway
- Harland and Wolff
- Havant & Waterlooville FC (UK)
- Health and Welfare
- Intermittent Hypertropia at Distance (ophthalmology)
- Intermittent Hypertropia at Near (ophthalmology)
- Homestar Runner (homestarrunner.com)
- Hydrogen Ion Balance
Samples in periodicals archive:
One audience member agreed with this point, noting that permanent hematoxylin and eosin stains and the frozen section margins that are taken with Mohs surgery for SCC make it difficult for pathologists to identify perineural invasion.