London, January 21 ( ANI ): Researchers have discovered the mechanism that enables CD4 helper T cells to assume the more aggressive role of killer T cells in mounting an immune attack against viruses, cancerous tumors and other damaged or infected cells.
What does TH stand for?
TH stands for Helper T Cells
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TH
We have 31 other meanings of TH in our Acronym Attic
- Tryptone Glucose Yeast Extract Chloramphenicol (food microbiology)
- Thank God You're Here (television show, Australia)
- Tony Grampsas Youth Services (Colorado)
- GNU-Zip Compressed Tape Archive (Unix File Extension)
- Tar Gnu Zip
- The Gaming Zone
- Tide Gauge Zero (sea level measurement)
- Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas, Mexico - Llano San Juan (Airport Code)
- Temperature Gradient Zone Melting
- Thermal Gradient Zone Melting
- Table Header (HTML Tag)
- Tactile Hallucinations (psychiatric assessment)
- Tails-Heads (possible outcome for flipping a coin twice)
- Talking Head (broadcasting)
- Talking Heads (band)
- Tapped Horn (audio equipment)
- Tariff Heading
- Technische Hochschule (German: University on Engineering)
- Technological Hazards (US FEMA)
- Tee Hee
Samples in periodicals archive:
But helper T cells don't issue their typical cry when they're attacked by HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
Heterogeneity of cytokine secretion patterns and functions of helper T cells.
Although the basic cause of rheumatoid arthritis remains unclear, immune cells known as CD4 helper T cells seem to carry some blame.
However, it may be possible to remove helper T cells from a human patient and stimulate them so that all the cells that recognize a given virus grow.
Most researchers have held that HIV directly kills the immune cells called helper T cells, or CD4 cells, eventually exhausting an immune system that is frantically making replacements.