If an assistant is required - less likely since the federal Help America Vote Act of 2002 required an accessible voting machine at each polling place - it is supposed to help the voter express his or her own opinion.
What does HAVA stand for?
HAVA stands for Help America Vote Act of 2002
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HAVA
We have 3 other meanings of HAVA in our Acronym Attic
- Havana, Cuba - Jose Marti (Airport Code)
- Havre (Amtrak station code; Havre, MT)
- Heap Analysis and Verification
- Heavy Armored Vehicle
- Hepatitis A Virus
- Heterosigma Akashiwo Virus Clone 01
- 5-Hydroxy-2-Aminovaleric Acid (biochemistry)
- Hampshire Authorised Validating Agency (education; UK)
- Harbor Association of Volunteers for Animals (Washington)
- Horizontal And Vertical Adjustment of Geodetic Observations
- Human and Vertebrate Analysis and Annotation (UK)
- hepatitis A virus antigen-reduction neutralization assay
- Headwaters Action Video Collection
- Headwaters Action Video Collective (Santa Rosa, CA)
- History of Art and Visual Culture
- Hrvatski Audiovizualni Centar (Croatian Audiovisual Centre)
- Hybrid Automatic Voltage Control
- High Asset Value Combat Air Patrol (flown to protect AWACS and JSTARS type aircraft)
- Have Complied
Samples in periodicals archive:
B-316915 September 25, 2008 The Election Assistance Commission (EAC) Inspector General (IG) has requested a decision regarding EAC's obligation of certain payments made under the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA).
ELECTION REFORM Congress must complete funding for the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA).
HB 1589--Florida Voter Registration System The bill sets out requirements for the new Florida Voter Registration System ("FVRS") that must be operational by January 1, 2006, to comply with the Help America Vote Act of 2002 ("HAVA").
450 Sen Clinton, Hillary Rodham [NY] "Count Every Vote Act of 2005" A bill to amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to require a voter-verified paper record, to improve provisional balloting, to impose additional requirements under such Act, and for other purposes.
Election Assistance Commission reported that election reforms mandated under the Help America Vote Act of 2002 are working, but they warned that HAVA is a success story in progress.