The Clustered Beacon System is the world s smallest, most versatile runway lighting system for expeditionary airfields and first-responder helicopter landing zones.
What does HLZ stand for?
HLZ stands for Helicopter Landing Zone
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HLZ
We have 6 other meanings of HLZ in our Acronym Attic
- High Level Waste Vitrification
- Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted (school district; Minnesota)
- Hapag Lloyd Express (German airline)
- Human Liver X Receptor
- Happy Life Year
- Humphrey Lyttelton (musician)
- Hong Leong Yamaha Motor (Malaysia)
- Haze Layer Aloft
- Hastings Lake YMCA Stingrays (swim team; Lindenhurst, IL)
- Hamilton, New Zealand - Hamilton (Airport Code)
- Hochleistungszählanlage (High-speed Counting and Sorting Machines for Beverage Containers)
- Hot Landing Zone
- Hotline Zombie
- (USN Rating) Hospital Corpsman
- Air Seychelles (IATA airline code)
- Hakuna Matata (Swahili: There Are No Worries)
- Half Marathon (race)
- Half Mirror
- Halo Messenger (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The soldiers dismounted the APCs, and the traffic and movement control platoon secured the helicopter landing zone.
You've just landed in a helicopter landing zone (HLZ) to pick up troops when you encounter an emergency procedure (EP) that is not covered in NATOPS.
MWSS-271 conducted convoys and missions throughout Al Anbar Province involving helicopter landing zone installation and removal as well as the retrieval of gear and equipment.