The prosecution alleged the numbers related to the "14 words of David Lane, the American white supremacist" and the code for Heil Hitler, 88.
What does 88 stand for?
88 stands for Heil Hitler (h is the eighth letter of the alphabet)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of 88
- 81st Infantry Division
- Thinking of You (beeper code)
- Eighty-Second Airborne Division
- Eighty-second Airborne Division
- 8 Letters 3 Words 1 Meaning (I Love You)
- 85th Infantry Division
- [not an acronym] slang; throw away, discard or make no longer available; in a restaurant, refuse to serve
- IRS form for reporting nondeductible IRA contributions & distributions
- Strontium-87m (radioactive, used in bone imaging)
- Love and Kisses (Amateur Radio)
- Bye Bye (Chinese internet chat)
- 88 Digital Cloud Marketing, Inc (Manila, Philippines)
- 88th Infantry Division
- Eighth Amendment
- Minority-Owned or Other Disadvantaged Business (Section 8A of the Small Business Act)
- Ochoa (Cuban General killed by Castro)
- 8-Bit Theater (online comic)
- 8th Canadian Hussars (Princess Louise's; Canadian Army Light Armoured Regiment)
- Eighth Cavalry Regiment
Samples in periodicals archive:
When questioned over his use of Nazi imagery and constant references to 88 - neo-Nazi code for Heil Hitler - McKenna claimed he was being ironic and tried to laugh the matter off.
Only in America: A woman wearing an IDF shirt yelled Heil Hitler at an Israeli backing President Obamas health reform plan.
Zog reportedly stands for Zionist Occupation Government and 88 for Heil Hitler, the numbers representing the eighth letter in the alphabet - H.
His pal McKenna posed in a German WWII uniform giving a Heil Hitler salute for the camera.
The 88 in his username is a code used by the far-right to represent HH, or Heil Hitler.
He'd always seemed a nice friendly chap, but when the crocuses came up in the middle of our lawn in February 1946, they spelt out Heil Hitler.
The scouts told their families they had practised Heil Hitler salutes while staying in the camp in the seaside town of Cuxhaven in north Germany in 1937.