Industry experts pointed out that there is expected to be another wave of heavy-duty vehicle purchases by the Chinese Lunar New Year holidays in early February, after which local importers of Japanese vehicles plan to hike prices by 3% or more to reflect the higher cost due to Japanese yen's strong appreciation.
What does HDV stand for?
HDV stands for Heavy-Duty Vehicle
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HDV
We have 36 other meanings of HDV in our Acronym Attic
- How Dare You (Internet slang)
- Human Development Unit (various organizations)
- Hydraulic Drive Unit
- Hubli-Dharwad Urban Development Authority (India)
- Hastings Diversified Utilities Fund (also seen as HDF; Australia)
- Handheld Devices for Ubiquitous Learning (project; Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
- Hungarian Democratic Union in Romania
- Health Dangers of Urban Use of Pesticides (City of Ottawa, Canada)
- Half Duplex Transmission
- High Definition User Experience
Samples in periodicals archive:
WestStart-CALSTART's Clean Heavy-Duty Vehicle Conference 2007 will explore engine and fuel regulations and the impacts on the heavy-duty vehicle industry, as the conference comes to the Hilton Universal City in Los Angeles Feb.
According to TIAX and Global Insight, the study was commissioned by a group of oil companies, engine and vehicle manufacturers, and component suppliers to investigate the impact of more stringent emissions regulations, increased traffic congestion and a shortage of skilled drivers for large vehicles on the heavy-duty vehicle industry in North America, Europe and Japan.