[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] AN/PAS-13 heavy weapon thermal sight (HWTS) (LIN S90603): AN/PAS-13B(V)3, NSN 5855-01-464-3151, TM 11-5855-312-10 AN/PAS-13C(V)3, NSN 5855-01-523-7715, TM 11-5855-316-10 AN/PAS-13D(V)3, NSN 5855-01-524-4314, TM 11-5855-317-10 ALL VERSIONS OF THE HWTS CAN BE USED ON THE M16-SERIES RIFLE, THE M4/M4A1 CARBINE, THE M2 AND MK 19 MACHINE GUNS, AND THE M24 AND M107 SNIPER RIFLES.
What does HWTS stand for?
HWTS stands for Heavy Weapon Thermal Sight
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HWTS
We have 4 other meanings of HWTS in our Acronym Attic
- HydroFlo Water Treatment, Inc.
- Home Wiring Test Kit (telecommunications accessory)
- Hello, Welcome to Last Week (newsgroup slang)
- Hampshire and Wight Trust for Maritime Archaeology (UK)
- Having Way Too Much Fun
- Holy Whapping Television Network
- Hazardous Waste Treatment and Processing Facility
- Hazardous Waste and Toxics Reduction (government program)
- Heavy Weapons Testing Range
- Hazardous Waste Tracking System
- Household Water Treatment and Safe Storage
- Help with This Stupid Computer! (Motley Fool forum)
- Half-Way-Tree Transportation Centre (Jamaica)
- Health Workers' Union (South Africa)
- Hengelose Wandel Unie (Dutch walking club; Netherlands)
- Heriot-Watt University (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Hey, What's Up? (chat)
- Historically White University
- Huachuca Water Umbel (plant)
- Hydraulic Workover Unit (oil drilling)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The family is composed of three variants: the Light Weapon Thermal Sight for the M-16 and M-4 rifles and carbines, as well as for the M-136 Light Anti-Armor Weapon; the Medium Weapon Thermal Sight for the M-249 and M-240B medium machine guns; and the Heavy Weapon Thermal Sight for the squad leader's M-16 and M-4 rifles and carbines, M-24 and M-107 sniper rifles, and the M-2HB and Mk.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] For heavier devices like the heavy weapon thermal sight (HWTS), you should use the bracket that comes with NSN 5340-01-434-2231.