Chinooks are so large that they can carry heavy military vehicles and even an F-16 fighter plane.
What does HMV stand for?
HMV stands for Heavy Military Vehicle
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HMV
We have 35 other meanings of HMV in our Acronym Attic
- Huntsville Macintosh Users Group (Apple computer)
- Hospital Municipal Universitario Japones (Bolivia)
- Haarlem Model United Nations
- Harvard Model United Nations
- Hazardous Materials Unified Program Agency (San Francisco Department of Public Health; California)
- High Mobility Utility Vehicle
- Hybrid Multiplex (FDDI)
- Halo Music Video
- Hazardous Materials Vault (military vault for dangerous materials)
- Heavy Maintenance Visit
- High Mileage Vehicle
- High Mobility Vehicle
- High Molecular Weight
- High Mountain Village (gaming)
- His Master's Voice
- Horror Music Video
- HUD (Department of Housing and Urban Development) McKinney-Vento
- Hydraulics Main & Vital
- Hazard Mapping and Vulnerability Assessment
- Historic Medford Village Association (Medford, NJ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Meanwhile, "hundreds of soldiers" loyal to the regime backed by heavy military vehicles raided Friday Babbila, a town near Damascus, in an attempt to crush pockets rebels, reported the Syrian Observatory of Human Rights (SOHR).
6 million to build additional facilities for testing heavy military vehicles.
The order for the manufacture of heavy military vehicles is good news for hundreds of unemployed people across the region.
A haul of Land Rovers and heavy military vehicles also lined the controversial route in a bid to separate nationalist residents from the marchers.