KIRKUK / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraqi heavy armored vehicles left Baghdad heading to al-Touz district and arrived in Hamrien Mountains, a source from the 16th brigade of the Iraqi army said on Wednesday.
What does HAV stand for?
HAV stands for Heavy Armored Vehicle
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HAV
We have 40 other meanings of HAV in our Acronym Attic
- Hovering Autonomous Underwater Vehicle
- Caribbean Cigar Company (former stock symbol; now delisted)
- Hallux Abducto Valgus
- Hampel Auxiliary-Vector (filtering procedure)
- Hand-Arm Vibration
- Hardware-Assisted Virtualization
- Havana, Cuba - Jose Marti (Airport Code)
- Havre (Amtrak station code; Havre, MT)
- Heap Analysis and Verification
- Hepatitis A Virus
- Heterosigma Akashiwo Virus Clone 01
- 5-Hydroxy-2-Aminovaleric Acid (biochemistry)
- Hampshire Authorised Validating Agency (education; UK)
- Harbor Association of Volunteers for Animals (Washington)
- Help America Vote Act of 2002
- Horizontal And Vertical Adjustment of Geodetic Observations
- Human and Vertebrate Analysis and Annotation (UK)
- hepatitis A virus antigen-reduction neutralization assay
- Headwaters Action Video Collection
Samples in periodicals archive:
Further discussions are reportedly underway for Iraq's eventual acquisition of MiG-29 jets and heavy armored vehicles along with other weaponry.
Some pundits predicted the demise of heavy armored vehicles after the Yom Kippur War in 1973.
Meanwhile, heavy armored vehicles are already tearing up the fragile cryptogamic crust that holds the desert soils in place: damage from the 1991 war has loosed new dunes that threaten to smother Kuwait City.
The forces have been deployment along 910 kilmeters until the Iraqi borders in the south backed by heavy armored vehicles and tanks," the paper added.