1 protection against heat-related illness and death is air conditioning.
What does HRI stand for?
HRI stands for Heat-Related Illness
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HRI
We have 131 other meanings of HRI in our Acronym Attic
- Handedness Research Institute (Bloomington, IN)
- Hannah Research Institute (UK)
- Hans Rudolph, Inc. (respiratory valves; Shawnee, KS)
- Hard Rock International
- Hazard Risk Index
- Heading Repeater Indicator
- Health Resources Incorporated
- Health Right, Inc. (Washington, DC)
- Health-Related Item (non-drug pharmacy products)
- Heart Rate Impairment (cardiology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The authors conclude that the HVI can be used to identify areas with increased risks of adverse health outcomes in general, and that it may identify areas at increased risk of heat-related illness and possibly other heat-related outcomes on abnormally hot days.
com Factfile Summer in the UAE is very extreme and can lead to death from heat-related illness.
For example, if you are supposed to avoid salt in your food, your risk of heat-related illness may be higher.
The court held that evidence supported findings that the probability of heat-related illness was extreme at the death row unit in which the class members were housed, and that corrections officials had displayed deliberate indifference.
of Florida, came up with the concept of pads that would help players defeat heat-related illness.
This summer produced a horrific news story about an estimated 11,000 mostly elderly French people dying from heat-related illness as their families and younger friends took their traditional August vacations.