7) This criterion determines whether the employee's overall hearing ability is acceptable, because hearing tests give hearing level results only above audiometric zero.
What does HL stand for?
HL stands for Hearing Level
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HL
We have 67 other meanings of HL in our Acronym Attic
- Hall Lantern (elevators)
- Hannoversche Leben (German Life Insurance Company)
- Hansestadt Lübeck (architects; Germany)
- Hard Labor
- Harmonie Laval (Laval, Quebec, Canada)
- Hasta Luego
- Head Librarian
- Head Lines
- Head Linesman (football)
- Healthy Living
Samples in periodicals archive:
RESULTS: The recovery rate, calculated as hearing gain divided by the difference in hearing level between the affected and unaffected ear, was better than 75% in 41 of 66 (62.
The state's GPS monitoring program has seldom undergone such vigorous scrutiny, at least not at the bail revocation hearing level, according to lawyers familiar with this case.
1965) Hearing levels of adults by age and sex, United States 1960-1962.
They will follow with, "5 Ways to Lose a Disability Case At the Dreaded Hearing Level," on September 30th and "How An Attorney Can Win Your Disability Case" on October 14th.
A single brief noise can compromise hearing levels.
Cancer: Chemotherapy treatments can affect the ear, and radiation can affect hearing levels if the ear is included in the radiation field.
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) in Ontario uses a presbycusis-corrected average hearing level in the speech range (0.