9) Studies demonstrating protective or no effect tended to measure metabolic demands with no account for worker aerobic capacity, did not control for other occupational factors (such as work organization), did not adjust for changing occupational metabolic demands over time, and did not consider preclinical signs of atherosclerosis progression (ie, carotid artery intimal thickening which is less likely to suffer from healthy worker effect (1a)) or intermediary steps such as fatigue.
What does HWE stand for?
HWE stands for Healthy Worker Effect
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HWE
We have 30 other meanings of HWE in our Acronym Attic
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Unit
- Human Waste Disposal Unit
- He Who Dares Wins
- Hilton Walt Disney World (resort in Orlando, Florida)
- Hot, Wet, Drippin' With Sweat (music album by Nitro)
- Hanley Wood Exhibitions (construction trade shows; Texas)
- Hard White Envelope (paper cutting)
- Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium Test
- Harper Wood Electric
- Healthwatch England (UK)
- Heater, Water, Electric
- Hekimian Workflow Engine
- Henry Walker Eltin Mining (Nedlands, West Australia)
- Historic Weather Events (UK)
- Hodges Ward Elliott
- Horizon Wind Energy (Houston, TX)
- Horner-Wadsworth-Emmons (organic reaction)
- Hostile Work Environment
- House of Water & Environment (est. 2004; Palestine)
- Huguenots-Walloons-Europe (mailing list)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, the healthy worker effect should not apply to cancers occurring long after their initial employment, because health problems leading to such cancers would not be apparent in a pre-employment medical examination.
81, consistent with a healthy worker effect (Choi 1992; Li and Sung 1999).