With the unwavering support of the Bush administration and more than two billion federal and state dollars over the past quarter century distributed through programs such as the Healthy Marriage Initiative, groups dedicated to promoting marriage have become more than a community of individual organizations with a shared goal.
What does HMI stand for?
HMI stands for Healthy Marriage Initiative
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HMI
We have 126 other meanings of HMI in our Acronym Attic
- Halogen Metal Iodide
- Hammond-Whiting (Amtrak station code; Indiana)
- Hand Machine Interface
- Handbook of Maintenance Instruction
- Harvard Medical International
- Harvey Milk Institute (San Francisco, CA)
- Hazardously Misleading Information
- Head of Mining Installation
- Health Management & Informatics
- Healthcare Management Initiative (INSEAD)
- Heavy Metal Ions
- Heinzen Manufacturing International
- Helioseismic and Magnetic Imager
- Henry Mancini Institute (Culver City, CA)
- Henry Moore Institute (Leeds, UK)
- Her Majesty's Inspector (UK educational standards inspector)
- Herman Miller, Inc.
- Hetrick-Martin Institute
- High Mountain Institute (Leadville, CO)
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
PROBLEMS IN MARRIAGE PROMOTION Interestingly, the federal Healthy Marriage Initiative (which seems to assume a unique mother-father relationship, thus ignoring the reality of multipartnered fertility) lists activities that foster economic stability among the fundable approaches to promoting fatherhood.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] One of the new initiatives included by Congress in the recently passed reauthorized TANF legislation is $150 million to be spent on various healthy marriage initiatives.
Poor women of color going through forced sterilization, past sodomy laws, sex work, abstinence until marriage policies and Bush's Healthy Marriage Initiative are examples of our bodies being controlled by others, not by ourselves.
The Chronicle noted, "At least four longtime operatives of Moon's Unification Church are on the federal payroll or getting government grants in the administration's Healthy Marriage Initiative and other 'faith-based' programs.
5 billion for his so-called Healthy Marriage Initiative for poor people.