Health At Every Size and Motivational Interviewing approaches were the foundation for this intervention project.
What does HAES stand for?
HAES stands for Health at Every Size
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of HAES
We have 3 other meanings of HAES in our Acronym Attic
- Herpes-Associated Erythema Multiforme
- House Arrest with Electronic Monitoring
- Human Acute Encephalomyelitis Virus (immunology)
- High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse
- Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency (Brigham and Women's Hospital/ Massachusetts General Hospital )
- High Altitude Exo-Atmospheric Nuclear Survivability
- Hawaii Association of Environmental Professionals
- Historic American Engineering Record
- Haitian Association of Engineers and Scientists
- Have an Exit Strategy (fire safety)
- High Altitude Effects Simulation
- High Altitude ELINT System
- Hydroxy-Äthyl-Stärke (anaesthesia, German)
- Hong Kong Aero Engine Services Limited
- Heparin in Acute Embolic Stroke Trial
- Home Appliance Electronic Tag Consortium (est. 2005)
- Historical Archives of the European Union (European University Institute; Florence, Italy)
- High Altitude Endurance Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You (song)
- Angioneurotic Edema, Hereditary, with Normal C1-Inhibitor Concentration and Function
Samples in periodicals archive:
Do not gauge success by pounds, but by changes in blood pressure, insulin sensitivity, and blood lipids, say Bacon and Aphramor, both of whom are Health at Every Size (HAES) practitioners.
The event to launch Health at Every Size UK will promote health and respect for people of all shapes and sizes.
Instead of focusing on achieving a certain weight as the starting goal, the Health at Every Size approach emphasizes that a healthy weight is the weight you stabilize at when you are eating well and keeping active.