Development of systems such as Health Management Organizations (HMOs) and Prepared Provider Organizations (PPOs) in the United States are also covered, along with some of the features of President Obama's Affordable Care Act.
What does HMO stand for?
HMO stands for Health Management Organization
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HMO
We have 78 other meanings of HMO in our Acronym Attic
- Hospital Municipal Nossa Senhora Aparecida (Portugese; Hospital Municipal Nossa Senhora Aparecida)
- Hrvatski Muzej Naivne Umjetnosti (Croatian Museum of Naive Art)
- Helmet-Mounted Night Vision
- Her Majesty's New Zealand Ship
- Habitat Module Outfitting
- Hadassah Medical Organization (Israel)
- Hand Money Over
- Hazardous Materials Operation(s)
- Healing Music Organization
- Health Maintenance Organization
- Healthcare Maintenance Organization
- Hear Me Out (chat)
- Heavy Machine Operator
- Hermanus Magnetic Observatory
- Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico - General Ignacio Pesqueira Garcia (Airport Code)
- Hibbert Moneymaking Organization (The Simpsons cartoon)
- High Mobility Operations
- Home Media Option (TiVo)
- House in Multiple Occupation (UK)
- Hydro Mechanical Obliteration (Colson's weed removal by high-pressure water jet)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Health care financing and reform is covered in sections on sources of health insurance, insurance and health management organization regulation, ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974) preemption, health insurance coverage, provider reimbursement, and health insurance reform.