For example, in a health insurance purchasing cooperative, consumers or businesses can band together to purchase private health insurance policies in bulk, passing savings along to members, he notes.
What does HIPC stand for?
HIPC stands for Health Insurance Purchasing Cooperative
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HIPC
We have 28 other meanings of HIPC in our Acronym Attic
- High Precision Acoustic Positioning
- High-Power Acquisition Radar
- Hot In-Place Asphalt Recycling (pavements)
- High Impulse Precision Armament System
- High Performance Armament System
- High Power Auroral Stimulation
- Hi Parkes All-Sky Survey (radio astronomy)
- High Performance Antiproton Trap
- High Income Principal and Yield Securities Corporation
- Hypoxia-Inducible Protein Binding Site
- Heavily Indebted Poor Country (World Bank initiative)
- Heterogeneous Interprocess Communications
- High Performance Computing
- Highly Indebted Poor Countries
- Highly Indebted Poorest Country
- Hosted IP Centrex
- Hawaii Island Portuguese Chamber of Commerce (Hilo, Hawaii; est. 1982)
- Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre (hotel; Czech Republic)
- Highly Indebted Poor Country Initiative
- Hastings Intellectual Property and Cyber Law Society (Hastings College of the Law; University of California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The second was the 1992 report of the Jackson Hole Group, which advised regional health insurance purchasing cooperatives (HIPCs) as the key to "health care reform.
The required infrastructure for managed competition will resemble nothing so much as the Health Insurance Purchasing Cooperatives (HIPCs) that were the centerpiece of the Clinton Plan and drew so much opposition, especially from the insurance industry.
Insurance reforms, organization of the Health Insurance Purchasing Cooperatives (HIPCs).