This centre of excellence will build on the work of the Health Information Research Unit, hosted by Swansea University, which has been funded since 2006 by the National Institute for Social Care and Health Research to explore the potential of electronic health records for research purposes.
What does HIRU stand for?
HIRU stands for Health Information Research Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HIRU
- Hazardous Incident Response Team (various locations)
- Head Injury Retrieval Trial (clinical trial)
- High Intensity Resistance Training
- High Reynolds Number Tunnel
- Hitachi Incident Response Team (est. 1998)
- Hurricane Intercept Research Team
- Heart of Iowa Regional Transit Agency (Des Moines, IA)
- High Intensity Radio Transmission Area
- High-Integrity Real-Time Systems
- Homeland Incident and Response Tracking System
- Housing and Infrastructure Redevelopment Unit (Maldives)
- Hurricane Intensity Research Working Group (US NOAA)
- Hakomi Integrative Somatics
- Hands in Service (ministry)
- Hardman Information System
- Hardware Intensive Software
- Hardware Intensive Systems
- Harris Investor Services (Chicago, IL)
- Harrow International School (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Harvard Islamic Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
Greetings from the Health Information Research Unit at Canada's McMaster University, the editorial office for Evidence-Based Nursing and other evidence-based resources.
ca/--The Health Information Research Unit (HIRU) at McMaster University, Canada conducts research in the field of health information science and is dedicated to the generation of new knowledge about the nature of health and clinical information problems, the development of new information resources to support evidence-based health care, and the evaluation of various innovations in overcoming health care information problems.