URAC (also known as the American Accreditation HealthCare Commission), a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization founded in 1990 to establish standards for the health care industry, is helping to coordinate the health care community in assessing security standards and best practices for health care information systems through the Security Health Care Certification and Accreditation Work Group.
What does HCIS stand for?
HCIS stands for Health Care Information System (British Library)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HCIS
We have 14 other meanings of HCIS in our Acronym Attic
- Health Consequences of Injury Questionnaire
- Health Care Industry Representative
- Health Cost Index Report
- Hispanic Council on International Relations (Washington, DC)
- Honors Council of the Illinois Region (Charleston, IL)
- Human-Computer Information Retrieval
- Health Communication and Informatics Research Branch
- Human-Computer Interaction Resource Network
- Harbor City International School (Duluth, MN)
- Hawaii Chinese Immersion School (Kahala, Hawaii)
- Health Care Interpreter Service (Australia)
- Hewden Customer Information System (UK)
- Hispano Canadian Intercultural School
- Homenet Computers Internet Services (Australia)
- Hwa Chong International School (Singapore)
- Hydrogen Carbonate Indicator Solution
- Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District (Harlingen, TX)
- Hays Consolidated Independent School District (Texas)
- Healthcare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium)
- Hamilton County Injury Surveillance System (health care collaboration; Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CEO'S Guide to Health Care Information Systems by Joseph M.
It is a package of common features and functions found in existing health care information systems.
Just as medicine has a broad range of specialties, and one encounters a wide range of skill and capability levels, so it is with health care information systems.