Commenting on the study, Bill Roper, MD, MPH, dean of UNC's School of Public Health and former Health Care Financing Administration administrator, said in a UNC release, "[The study] directly links PPS rates to quality-related factors and finds that there may be cause for concern.
What does HCFA stand for?
HCFA stands for Health Care Financing Administration (now the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HCFA
We have 35 other meanings of HCFA in our Acronym Attic
- Host Controller Free (modems)
- Hot Channel Factor
- Hotline Center Foundation
- House Conservatives Fund (Political Action Committee)
- Human Care Foundation (New Delhi, India)
- Hundred Cubic Feet
- Hutchinson Correctional Facility (Kansas)
- Hybrid Coordination Function
- Hybridoma Cloning Factor
- Health Care Facilities Act (Pennsylvania)
- Health Care Fraud Alert
- hierarchical confirmatory factor analysis
- High Calcium Fly Ash
- Hill Country Firemen's Association (Texas)
- Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Ltd
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs (US government)
- Health Care Fraud and Abuse Control
- Health Care Financing Administration Demonstration Project (New York)
- Harvest Christian Fellowship Arizona
- Home Credit & Finance Bank
Samples in periodicals archive:
Maxicare also requested mutual termination of its Medicare+Choice contract with the Health Care Financing Administration, effective Aug.
Scully as administrator of the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA).
The Federal Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) has developed a sample Y2K readiness checklist to focus providers on items that should be evaluated (please see Figure 1).
A provision of the 1993 Revenue Reconciliation Act said employers (or third-party plan administrators or insurers) must report the following health insurance coverage information to a newly established data bank at the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA): * Name and Social Security number of each person and dependent covered under the plan.
It appears to be open season on the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), as congressional efforts to reform "Fortress Bureaucracy" intensify.