Under the planned reforms, nurses will be required to spend time working as health care assistants.
What does HCA stand for?
HCA stands for Health Care Assistant
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HCA
We have 314 other meanings of HCA in our Acronym Attic
- Handyman Club of America
- Hanford Contractors' Association
- Hans Christian Andersen (author)
- Harrells Christian Academy (Harrells, NC)
- Hazardous Communication Act
- Head of Contracting Activity
- Head of Contracting Agency
- Health Care Administration
- Health Care Agency
- Health Care Analysis (journal)
- Heartland Christian Academy
- Heidelberg Center for American Studies (University of Heidelberg; Germany)
- Held by Civil Authorities (US Navy)
- Helideck Certification Agency (UK)
- Helsinki Citizens' Assembly (Turkey; also seen as HYD)
- Helvetica Chimica Acta (Wiley chemistry publication)
- Henkel Consumer Adhesives (various locations)
- Hermit Crab Association (est. 2001)
- Heterocyclic Amine
- Hierarchical Cluster Analysis (statistics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This announcement seems a knee-jerk 'let's hammer the nurses' but what about health care assistants and managers who have no code of conduct?
Pat Gaughran a Health Care Assistant at Heartlands Hospital, in Bordesley Green, joined forces with her local church to carry out the fundraising.
The new law provides that any individual currently registered with the State as a Category C, D, E or F Health Care Assistant will be grandfathered as MA-C without the need to take an exam.
The Royal College of Nursing's national chief executive and general secretary, Dr Peter Carter will tour the hospital's facilities and meet with front-line nurses and health care assistants.
A Health Care Assistant starts their career on less than pounds 16,000 a year.
The health care assistant has been suspended by health chiefs at the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board while the investigation is carried out.
WE CAN'T REPLACE EXPERIENCED AND SKILLED NURSES WITH UNLICENSED MINIMALLY TRAINED WORKERS Lyn Cohen, NUM of the Ambulatory Care Ward in a hospital in south west Sydney, says there is no place for the proposed Health Care Assistant workers to perform allocated nursing duties in the acute care setting.