Heads of research councils from approximately 45 countries are expected to attend the summit.
What does HORC stand for?
HORC stands for Heads of Research Councils
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HORC
We have 3 other meanings of HORC in our Acronym Attic
- House of Representatives
- Humber Oil Refinery (NE Lincolnshire, UK)
- Hydrogen Oxidation Reaction (chemistry)
- Health Occupations Revision Act
- Health Organizational Research Association (conference)
- Hybrid Object-Relational Architecture (computing)
- Holographic Optical Random Access Memory
- Homeland Operations Recommended Budget
- Historic Offshore Race Boat Association (Boca Raton, FL)
- Hotel or Residential Systems Based on Interactive Terminals
- Hellenic Offshore Racing Club (Piraeus, Greece)
- Hitachi Open Remote Copy
- Hematology Oncology Research Center and Stem Cell Transplantation (Tehran, Iran)
- Head of Regional Delegation (Red Cross)
- Horizons of Rock Developing Everywhere (band)
- Human Olfactory Receptor Data Exploratorium (database)
- Horticultural Research and Development Institute (Sri Lanka)
- Hotels, Restaurantes & Catering
- Hotels, Restaurants, Cafes (Dutch)
- Hand-Over Request
Samples in periodicals archive:
If it can be sustained and developed, it augurs well for the future of the European Research Area and its dynamism," the report states, rejecting a suggestion from the president of the European Heads of Research Councils (EUROHORCS) that the ERC should scale back its support for young researchers and leave them to the national funding bodies, so that senior researchers can take advantage of European-wide funding instead.
In an unusual honor, WHOI was selected to host the annual meeting of the Heads of Research Councils of the G-8 countries in May.