Mr Plant, who is head of staff development at the university, ran with the torch through Ashton-under-Lyne, near Manchester, in June
What does HOSD stand for?
HOSD stands for Head of Staff Development (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HOSD
We have 1 other meaning of HOSD in our Acronym Attic
- Hoteliers Association in Benidorm and Costa Blanca (Spain)
- Heads of Special Collections (University of California system)
- Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee (UK)
- Higher-Order and Symbolic Computation
- History of Science Cases
- Huntsville Operations Support Center
- Hybrid Operating System Cluster
- Human Oesophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma (cancer)
- Human Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- History of Science Cases for Schools
- Head of Sub-Delegation (various locations)
- Hybrid Ordered-Statistic Decoding
- Home Office Scientific Development Branch (UK)
- Higher-Order Stark Effect
- Human Ovarian Surface Epithelial (cells)
- Hypospadias Objective Scoring Evaluation
- Hillside Open Space Education Coalition (California)
- Hardware or Software Error Detected
- Having Obvious Severe and Extensive Defects
- Horrendous Operating System Error Detected :-)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The authors, Dr Eileen Carnell and Dr Susan Askew, lecturers in the School of Curriculum, Pedagogy and Assessment, and Jacqui MacDonald, head of staff development, all at the Institute of Education at the University of London, collaborated to produce this very useful and accessible handbook.
Martin Plant (inset), who is Head of Staff Development at the university, was successfully put forward by the university for his passion to community sports after coaching youngsters at Stalybridge Celtic for several years.
Martin Plant, head of staff development, said: "In the challenging current climate, the development of staff is a key factor in supporting the university through the changes that will impact on the higher education sector.