The Commanding General of Joint Contracting Command - Iraq/ Afghanistan was designated the Head of Contracting Activity throughout the theater.
What does HCA stand for?
HCA stands for Head of Contracting Activity
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HCA
We have 314 other meanings of HCA in our Acronym Attic
- Habitat Conservation Area (various locations)
- Hagley Community Association (UK)
- Halifax Christian Academy
- Hall-Carpenter Archives (est. 1982; UK)
- Hamilton-Clermont Cooperative Association
- Handyman Club of America
- Hanford Contractors' Association
- Hans Christian Andersen (author)
- Harrells Christian Academy (Harrells, NC)
- Hazardous Communication Act
- Head of Contracting Agency
- Health Care Administration
- Health Care Agency
- Health Care Analysis (journal)
- Health Care Assistant
- Heartland Christian Academy
- Heidelberg Center for American Studies (University of Heidelberg; Germany)
- Held by Civil Authorities (US Navy)
- Helideck Certification Agency (UK)
- Helsinki Citizens' Assembly (Turkey; also seen as HYD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, DOD's draft Joint Publication 4-10 does not provide for the assignment of a single head of contracting activity to oversee contracting during all contingencies.
John Urias, dual-hatted as head of contracting activity and commander of the Joint Contracting Command--Iraq; members of his staff attended several of the classes, as did representatives from the Army Corps of Engineers.