To quote Falstaff," We are all human beings together and he who laughs last, laughs best.
What does HWLL stand for?
HWLL stands for He Who Laughs Last
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of HWLL
We have 1 other meaning of HWLL in our Acronym Attic
- Hutchison Whampoa Limited (Hong Kong)
- Harriet Wasserman Literary Agency (est. 1981)
- Henry Wellcome Laboratory for Biogerontology Research (University of Newcastle, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK)
- Hammersmith and West London College (UK)
- Harold Washington Library Center
- Head Waters Land Conservancy
- Healthy Wisconsin Leadership Institute (Madison, WI)
- High Water Luni-Tidal Interval
- Hispanic Women Leadership Institute
- Harper Woods Little League (Detroit, MI)
- Health, Wellness and Lifelong Learning Center
- High Weald Land Management Initiative (UK)
- Healthy Working Lives Research Group (University of Glascow, Scotland, UK)
- Hostile Weapons Location System
- HighWire Library of the Sciences and Medicine
- Hazardous Waste Land Treatment
- Hardware Maintenance
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Heavy Water Moderated (nuclear reactor system)
- High Water Mark
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is a true saying that he who laughs last laughs longest, and there can be little doubt that Portugal have improved tremendously from their timid performance in the competition curtainraiser in their subsequent matches.
What I am sure of is that he who laughs last, laughs longest.
He who laughs last as they say - and Moyes was laughing very loud indeed after the astonishing feat of leading Everton into the Champions League.
Byline: IAN COYNE THEY say he who laughs last laughs longest, and while Real Madrid were happier than opponents Valencia with Sunday night's 1-1 draw at the Bernabeu, it may be Rafa Benitez's team who are smiling at the end of the Spanish league season.
But whatever joy - political or otherwise - whoever did this has gained so far I hope they enjoyed their moment because Gerry's laughing now he's on the moral high ground and he who laughs last laughs longest.
IF it is true that he who laughs last laughs longest, then Alan Ball will have had an hilarious few days.