Department of Transportation (USDOT) issued a notice soliciting public comment and input on its legislative proposal to reauthorize the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act (HMTA), which is the statutory basis for the USDOT's hazardous materials program.
What does HMTA stand for?
HMTA stands for Hazardous Materials Transportation Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HMTA
We have 2 other meanings of HMTA in our Acronym Attic
- Home Made Turbo (turbos made from fabricated and junkyard parts)
- Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan
- Hospital Management Trust (est. 1985; UK)
- Hospitality Management and Tourism (education program; various locations)
- Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo (Tokyo, Japan)
- Human Metabolome Technologies (Japan)
- Marine Helicopter Training Squadron (US Marine Corps)
- Helmet-Mounted Tracker and Display
- Heavy Metal Tolerance Factor 1
- Hawaii Music Teachers Association (est. 1968)
- Heavy-Metal Tungsten Alloy (radiobiology)
- Huntsville Music Teachers Association (Alabama)
- Hazard Mitigation Technical Assistance Plan (US FEMA)
- Haimovitch Medical Technology Consultants (healthcare consulting firm)
- Hazardous Materials Technical Center
- Hereditary Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma (cancer)
- Himpunan Mahasiswa Teknik Computer-Informatika ITS (Surabaya, Indonesia)
- Holmesdale Memorial Tennis Club (St. Morris, South Australia, Australia)
- Human Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma
Samples in periodicals archive:
Congress to pass the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act of 1974, which increased regulation of hazardous materials shipping.
1, the federal DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation Act (HMTA) regulations will align the United States with United Nations International Civil Aviation Organization international shipping and packaging requirements.