Tragically, seven members of another unit were killed on Monday when a mortar shell exploded in its firing tube during a training exercise at Hawthorne Army Depot in Nevada.
What does HWAD stand for?
HWAD stands for Hawthorne Army Depot
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 3 other meanings of HWAD in our Acronym Attic
- Henry Wellcome Ancient Biomolecules Centre (University of Oxford Department of Zoology; UK)
- Hardware Activation Code
- Hazardous Waste Action Coalition
- Hazardous Waste Advisory Committee (Connecticut)
- Health Workforce Advisory Committee (New Zealand Ministry of Health)
- Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center (various locations)
- Herbert W. Armstrong College (est. 2001; Edmond, OK)
- Hercules Wimbledon Athletic Club (UK)
- Home Warranty Association of California (est. 1984; various locations)
- Huntington Woods Aquatic Club (Michigan)
- Health and Welfare Agency Data Center (Sacramento, CA, USA)
- Hardware Address Filtering
- Hospitality With A Heart (hotel industry award)
- Handwritten Address Interpretation
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (gaming)
- Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park (Oahu, HI)
- Hazardous Waste Accumulation Point
- Home Weatherization Assistance Program (Erie-Huron Counties Community Action Commission, Inc.; Ohio)
- Hazardous Waste disposal Analysis Report
- Hereford and Worcester Animal Rescue (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Los Angeles, Jumada I 7, 1434, Mar 19, 2013, SPA -- Seven US Marines were killed and several others were wounded in a training accident at the Hawthorne Army Depot in Nevada, dpa cited Marine Corps officials as saying Tuesday.
The 60-millimeter round went off during a live-fire exercise late Monday at the Hawthorne Army depot.
APE 1995 units are slated for issue to Hawthorne Army Depot in Nevada, Crane Army Ammunition Activity in Indiana, and Anniston Munitions Center in Alabama.
I am from the Hawthorne Army Depot in Hawthorne, Nevada, which is currently slated for closure.
A 30-megawatt geothermal power plant is also in the works at Hawthorne Army Depot, Nev.
Riverbank AAP in California and Hawthorne Army Depot in Nevada will continue report to Tooele Army Depot, Utah.