This became an invitation to undertake another, rather more symbolic voyage through the North West Passage to link up with NASA's Haughton-Mars Project on Devon Island, which Pascal runs, in time to observe the total solar eclipse on August 1 2008.
What does HMP stand for?
HMP stands for Haughton-Mars Project (NASA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMP
We have 139 other meanings of HMP in our Acronym Attic
- Helicopter Multimission Optronic Stabilized Payload
- Heuristic Minimization of Overlapping Tasks
- High Mobility Operating Vehicle
- Historical Markers of Williamson County (book; Tennessee)
- Heme Oxygenase
- Habitat Management Plan (conservation; various locations)
- Half-Marathon Pace (running)
- Handmade Paper
- Hardware Maintenance Program
- Harmonie Municipale Pétange (Luxembourg orchestra; Pétange, Luxembourg)
- Hayes Microcomputer Products (modems)
- Hazard Mitigation Plan (New York, NY)
- Hazardous Materials Program (various locations)
- Head Mounted Projector (optical technology)
- Health Management Plan
- Heavy Maintenance Provider (aircraft)
- Helicopter Master Plan
- Helicopter Modification Program
- Help Me Please
- Her Majesty's Pleasure
Samples in periodicals archive:
3): 1) the Haughton-Mars Project Research Station (HMPRS), Devon Island, Nunavut; 2) the Pavilion Lake Research Project (PLRP) station, British Columbia; and 3) the McGill Arctic Research Station (MARS), Axel Heiberg Island, Nunavut.