Washington, March 28 ( ANI ): While the first results from the European Space Agency's Planck satellite has been released, astronomers at the Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO) near Johannesburg are working on a new radio telescope that will also shed new light on the very earliest moments of universe.
What does HartRAO stand for?
HartRAO stands for Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (South Africa)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Hornet Autonomous Real-Time Targeting
- Hot, Alpha, Rich, Toned
- Housatonic Area Regional Transit (Connecticut USA)
- HTS Autotechniek Rally Team
- Human Assisted Reproductive Technology (New Zealand)
- Human-Animal Relational Therapies
- Huntington Area Rapid Transit (Long Island, NY)
- Hybrid and Real-Time Systems (Conference)
- Humble Area Retired Teachers Association (Texas Retired Teachers Organization)
- Hybrid Arrest of Translation Initiation
- Helping Angels of Renewal in Times of Sorrow (webring)
- Hong Kong Amateur Radio Transmitting Society
- High Altitude Reserve Unit
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Ventilation
- High Alpha Research Vehicle (NASA test plane)
- High Altitude Reconnaissance Vehicle
- High Altitude Research Vehicle
- High Aspect Ratio Vessel (bioengineering)
- Houston Area Restaurant Vendors Association (networking group; est. 2001; Houston, TX)
- Hotel and Restaurant Workers Union (South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
za/boyden] The Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO), 30 km NW of Krugersdorp, is a National Facility for radio astronomy managed by the NRF.
A slightly larger, 15 m diameter experimental demonstrator model dish, erected on the grounds of the Hartebeesthoek radio astronomy observatory west of Pretoria, pioneered the use of composites for radio telescope dishes.