The researchers conducted the first extensive community-based monitoring for harmful algal blooms and PSP in waters around the Aleutian and Pribilof Islands region in Alaska, and Bering Island in Russia.
What does HAB stand for?
HAB stands for Harmful Algal Bloom
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HAB
We have 69 other meanings of HAB in our Acronym Attic
- Hungarian American Association of Washington (Seattle, WA)
- Health Action AIDS Week Coordinator
- High Altitude Anti-Submarine Warfare Weapons Concept
- Hounslow Asian and African Youth Association (UK)
- HIV/AIDS Association of Zambia
- Habitação (Portuguese: tenement; postal usage)
- Habitation Module (Shuttle/Space Station)
- Hanford Advisory Board
- Hass Avocado Board
- Have a Blast
- Hawaii Association of the Blind
- Healthcare Advisory Board (various organizations)
- Hearing Aid Bank (various locations)
- Heavy Assault Bridge
- Herzog August Bibliothek (library; Wolfenbüttel, Germany)
- High Altitude Burst
- High Assurance Booting (digital security)
- High Availability Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
Experimental Lake Erie Harmful Algal Bloom Bulletin.
Changes in the harmful algal bloom season appear to be imminent," said Ms Moore.
Using cutting-edge technologies to model future ocean and weather patterns, Stephanie Moore, with NOAA's West Coast Center for Oceans and Human Health and her partners at the University of Washington, are predicting longer seasons of harmful algal bloom outbreaks in Washington State's Puget Sound.