The Xpoint Peer Services Layer resides within the I2O specification fabric, between the Hardware Device Module (HDM) and OSM layers, and is loaded into the IRTOS to provide basic peer-to-peer communication capability.
What does HDM stand for?
HDM stands for Hardware Device Module
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HDM
We have 108 other meanings of HDM in our Acronym Attic
- Helicon Double Layer Thruster (physics)
- High Definition Lighting Technology
- High-speed Dynamic Link Unit
- High Definition Light Valve (IBM LCD projectors)
- High-Density powder, Low-Velocity air (Nordson)
- Hearing Distance of a Watch by the Left Ear
- Haagsche Delftsche Mixed (Nederland, Hockeyclub Den Haag)
- Haagsche Delftse Mixed (Dutch)
- Handoff Direction Message
- Happydeadmen (band)
- Hardware Driver Module
- Harvard Design and Mapping Company, Inc.
- Haus des Meeres (Vienna, Austria)
- Head Decision Maker
- Health Surveillance and Disease Management
- Hearst Digital Media
- Heavy Duty Macadam (civil engineering)
- Heidelberger Druckmaschinen
- Help Desk Manager
- Hidden Dynamic Model (acoustic-phonetic modeling)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Two Symbios Logic-Novell-Compaq Demonstrations The first Symbios Logic demonstration in the I2O SIG room will consist of a Symbios Logic prototype PCI-to-Fibre Channel I2O-ready host adapter, which enables a LAN hardware device module (HDM) to talk to a Novell IntranetWare operating system module (OSM).
The SYMplicity architecture is comprised of four modules: an operating system module (OSM), a hardware device module (HDM), a message module, and a transport module.