Richard Schwartz, also of ST Systems, notes that between March 6 and 19 -- the time required for the active region to cross the sun -- the satellite's Hard X-Ray Burst Spectrometer recorded 447 hard X-ray flares, a rate of about 32 per day.
What does HXRBS stand for?
HXRBS stands for Hard X-Ray Burst Spectrometer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Hydrogen Exchange Mass Spectrometry
- Hard X-Ray Modulation Telescope
- Hanzify XML (Extended Markup Language) News Aggregator
- Heartland Xterra Owners Club
- Hacking Extreme Programming (computing)
- Healthcare Xchange Protocol
- Hentai X-Press (fan fiction website)
- Hard X-Ray
- Heat Exchanger Refrigerated
- Hyperacute Xenogeneic Rejection
- Hitachi EXtended Remote Copy (software)
- Hard X-Ray Spectrometer (Czech-made instrument)
- High Resolution X-Ray Diffraction
- Compiled Help File
- Hawaiian Extreme Sports
- Heat Exchanger Steam
- New York to Liverpool, Slow (routing designation; US Navy)
- Hard X-Ray Telescope
- Hexite (explosive)
- High Exit Turnstile (NYC transit)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The researchers studied the 152-day periodicity of 442 major flares recorded from February 1980 to December 1983 by the Hard X-Ray Burst Spectrometer, one of several devices on board the Solar Maximum Mission that began studying the sun in 1980 (SN: 9/6/80, p.