So the money the cuts save goes to India, Africa, Greece or anyone who has had a hard luck story.
What does HLS stand for?
HLS stands for Hard Luck Story
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of HLS
We have 111 other meanings of HLS in our Acronym Attic
- Homosexual Law Reform Society (London, England - 1958 to 1970)
- Houston Lawyer Referral Service (Texas)
- Holland Lop Rabbit Specialty Club
- Hydrogenated Low-Erucic Acid Rapeseed Oil (nutrition)
- Head-Left-Right-Tail (algorithm)
- Hierarchical Likelihood Ratio Test
- Heavy Lift Recovery Vehicle
- High-Level Radioactive Waste
- Halt Line State (Cisco)
- Handheld Laser Scanner
- Harvard Law School
- Hawken Locksmith Services (DeKalb, IL)
- Hawkes Learning Systems (software)
- Health Level Seven (healthcare)
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Healthy Living Seminar
- Healthy Living Strategy (Canada)
- Heat, Light and Sound (various organizations)
- Heavy Louisiana Sweet (crude oil)
- Helicopter Landing Site
Samples in periodicals archive:
So please stop spreading the hard luck story, you are not in this world alone my friend.
with Mays Rocknroller, who might have been the hard luck story of the race having been badly baulked at the second bend, close up in third.
AN OLD trick named after a section of the Nigerian penal code, it is usually a hard luck story in which the sender of an email has fallen foul of his government and needs help to unlock assets or seal a deal.
It is hard to believe the pair's hard luck story about crashing a motorbike shortly after missing a mandatory drug test.
The book starts off slow and with an all too familiar hard luck story, but in Jones's sad tale of woe, instead of daddy leaving, it was his mother who abandoned young Quincy and his siblings.
You'd tell her about how some panhandler got another free meal out of you over at your Van Nuys restaurant, where the word was out that you were a soft touch for a hard luck story.
It's just another hard luck story for a player whose list of setbacks reads like a doctor's notebook.