2) rather than the more common hanging mercury drop electrodes (HMDE) which are used by most traditional laboratory instruments.
What does HMDE stand for?
HMDE stands for Hanging Mercury Drop Electrode
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMDE
- Historical Marker Database
- Human Metabolome Database
- Hackensack Meadowlands Development Commission
- Harvard-MIT Data Center
- Helsinki Metropolitan Development Corporation (Finland)
- Hibernia Management and Development Company Ltd. (Canada)
- Hopé Marie Dance Company (Florida)
- Hierarchical Multidimensional Directed Cycle Ensemble (multi-processor topology)
- Helmet Mounted Display Device
- High Mobility Downsize Direct Air Support Center
- Hitachi Multiplatform Data Exchange (software)
- Hessisches Ministerium Der Finanzen (Germany)
- Horizontal Main Distribution Frame (cross connect between telcom central office equipment and outside)
- Human Macrophage-Derived Factor
- Hydraulic Motor-Driven Fuel Pump
- Hydraulic Motor-Driven Generator
- Hastings Macleay Division of General Practice (Australia)
- Health Manpower Development Institute (India)
- Hessisches Ministerium Des Innern und für Sport (German: Hessian Ministry of the Interior and for Sport; Wiesbaden, Germany)
- Hexamethylene Di-Isocyanate
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the early eighties, differential pulse anodic stripping voltammetry (DPASV) on a hanging mercury drop electrode (HMDE), which does not require a complexing agent, was very popular because of its high sensitivity, especially when a longer deposition time was e mployed to pre-concentrate the metals.