Verschueren, Jef--Jan-Ola Ostman--Jan Blommaert--Chris Bulcaen 1995  The handbook of pragmatics manual.
What does HOP stand for?
HOP stands for Handbook of Pragmatics (linguistics; John Benjamins Publishing Company)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HOP
We have 103 other meanings of HOP in our Acronym Attic
- Husbands Out of Town (various locations)
- Hot Out Of The Box
- The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy (book by Douglas Adams)
- Hoover Tower (Stanford University, CA)
- High Order of the Owl Tailgate Society (Rice University; Houston, TX)
- Higher Order Operational Techniques in Semantics
- Half-Operator (IRC)
- Hand Off Propose
- Hand-Off Point
- Handbook of Operating Procedures (Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1 P99 The first volume of the Handbook of Pragmatics begins with description of the entire nine-volume set, which is intended as a comprehensive overview of the entire field of pragmatics, each volume self-contained yet interrelated.
6 P94 The sixth of nine volumes in the Handbook of Pragmatics, which collectively aims to cover the entire field of pragmatics, defined as the analysis of language use in social contexts, this volume addresses interpersonal pragmatics, which is the "interpersonal or relational side of language in use" or the exploration of ways that social actors shape and form relationships through the interpersonal use of language.