4) Exposure to hand-arm vibration may result in Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) which is comprised of vascular, neurological and musculoskeletal components.
What does HAVS stand for?
HAVS stands for Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HAVS
We have 2 other meanings of HAVS in our Acronym Attic
- Hoger Algemeen Voortgezet Onderwijs (Dutch: Higher General Secondary Education)
- Hoger Algemeen Vormend Onderwijs
- Hammer and Anvils Various Occupations Club
- Handicapped Adults of Volusia County (advocacy organization; est. 1977; Volusia County, FL)
- Harrisburg Area Volkswagen Owners Club (Harrisburg, PA)
- Humanity Against Victimization of Children
- Help for Adult Victims of Child Abuse (UK)
- HTTP Anti Virus Proxy
- History and Appreciation of the Visual and Performing Arts (course)
- Have Report
- Harrow Association of Voluntary Services (Harrow, England, UK)
- High-Affinity Vanadate-Sensitive (biochemistry)
- Hillingdon Association of Voluntary Services (Yiewsley, England, UK)
- Heraldry and Vexillology Society of Malta
- Help America Vote Verification
- Hands at Work (various locations)
- Heavy Airlift Wing (Hungary)
- Heavy Anti-armor Weapon
- Heavy Antitank/Assault Weapon
- High Acid Waste
Samples in periodicals archive:
11) In the mid-1980s, the first of over 1,000 cases of hand-arm vibration syndrome in workers at the Electric Boat Corp.
His symptoms were typical of the hand-arm vibration syndrome caused by the prolonged use of industrial tools, and have never previously been reported.