Halon 1301 is the predominant fire suppressant used to extinguish aircraft engine-nacelle fires.
What does HAL stand for?
HAL stands for Halon (fire protection agent)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HAL
We have 144 other meanings of HAL in our Acronym Attic
- Himpunan Ahli Kesehatan Lingkungan Indonesia (Indonesian Environment Health Association)
- Hook A Kid On Golf
- Haus Am Koellnischen Park (Berlin, Germany)
- Hrvatski Auto I Karting Savez (Croatian Auto and Karting Federation)
- [not an acronym] from 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Atlantic Halibut
- Hackers At Large
- Halberd (Runescape gaming)
- Halken Laboratories Inc
- Halliburton (oil service company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Montreal Protocol states that such countries will have to freeze halon consumption by January 2002, reducing consumption by 50 percent by January 2005, and totally phasing out halon use by January 2010.
One such substance is produced by the Halon gas automatic fire and explosion suppression system used on many military vehicles, including the new Light Armoured Vehicles known as LAVs.
The Hole in the Theory Fire detectors and pressurized bottles of Halon -- a highly effective fire fighting agent -- have long been used in the cargo holds of larger jets like the Boeing 777 and the Lockheed L-1011.