These improved properties are believed to result from direct interaction between the styrenic moieties in the polymer backbone with a crosslinking agent added to vulcanize the halogenated butyl rubber.
What does IIR stand for?
IIR stands for Halogenated Butyl Rubber
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IIR
We have 88 other meanings of IIR in our Acronym Attic
- Incontinence Impact Questionnaire (urology)
- Initial Issue Quality
- Initial Issue Quantity
- Intelligent Image Quality
- International Intelligence Quotient
- Insurance Intermediaries Quality Assurance Scheme (Hong Kong)
- Indian Institute of Quality Management (Jaipur, Rajasthan, India)
- International Institute for Qualitative Methodology (Canada)
- Institute for Improvement in Quality and Productivity (Canada)
- Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi (Santa Barbara, CA; est. 2000)
- If I Recall
- Imagery Intelligence Report
- Imagery Interpretation Report
- Imaging Infrared
- Immediate Impulse Response
- Indo-Iranian (linguistics)
- Industrial Information Resources
- Industry Issue Resolution (pilot program of US Internal Revenue Service and Treasury Department)
- Inertial Instrument Unit
- Infinite Impulse Response (digital filter design and signal processing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Blended HIIR is produced by combining feedstocks of halogenated butyl rubber to achieve a uniform Mooney and percent halogen content.
Modifications to the existing Butyl II facility make it possible for the unit to produce both regular and halogenated butyl rubber.
Elastomers such as ethylene-propylene-diene terpolymers (EPDM), halogenated butyl rubbers and brominated isobutylene-co-para-methylstyrene elastomers have been used in conjunction with natural rubber and/or butadiene rubber (ref.
Figure 7 demonstrates this in a construction where two different DVAs both based on polypropylene and halogenated butyl rubber are joined.