Within the compounds detected are the haloacetic acids (HAAs) (Krasner et al.
What does HAA stand for?
HAA stands for Haloacetic Acid
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HAA
We have 129 other meanings of HAA in our Acronym Attic
- Home Agent in a WLAN domain (WLAN = Wireless Local Area Network)
- Height Age/Bone Age Ratio
- High Availability/Disaster Recovery
- Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief
- Height of Apogee/Height of Perigee
- Harmonious Mobility Network (Toyota)
- Hrvatski Akademski Športski Klub (Croatian: Academic Sport Club)
- Human A2a Subtype of Adenosine Receptor
- Homozygous arginine at codon 72
- Human Adenovirus 8
Samples in periodicals archive:
Haloacetic acids (HAAs) are a group of chemicals formed along with other disinfection byproducts when chlorine or other disinfectants used to control microbial contaminants in drinking water react with naturally occurring organic and inorganic matter.
Plewa's laboratory investigated the biological mechanism, or the cellular target that leads to toxicity, in the second-most prevalent DBP class generated in disinfected water - haloacetic acids (HAAs).
00 Paperback TD433 Researchers at the University of Memphis evaluate chemical analyzers and associated analytical methods for on-line monitoring of trihalomethane (THM) and haloacetic acid (HAA) concentrations in drinking water.
The agency also is setting new quality standards for three types of disinfection byproduct -- bromate, chlorite and haloacetic acids.
Chlorine use leads carcinogen formations such as trihalomethanes and haloacetic acids by-products of the union between organic matter and chlorine.