The pet Snowy Owl was a gift on his 11th birthday from Harry's half-giant friend Hagrid.
What does HG stand for?
HG stands for Half-Giant (Utopia game)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of HG
We have 28 other meanings of HG in our Acronym Attic
- Hearts for Youth (Alexandria Bay, NY)
- Horizons for Youth (Chicago, IL)
- Holy Family Young Adults (South Pasedena, CA)
- Herefordshire Federation of Young Farmers Clubs (UK)
- Holy Family Youth Ministry
- Hamriyah Free Zone
- Healthy Fitness Zone (physical fitness testing; various locations)
- Hills Face Zone (biodiversity, recreation, tourism; South Australia)
- Hamriyah Free Zone Authority (United Arab Emirates)
- Haiti International Airline (IATA airline code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Molly Burman, 21, wearing a thick brown beard and a large pillow-stuffed belly, was convincing as loveable half-giant Hagrid.
The rolypoly Scot is famous around the world as bearded half-giant Hagrid in Harry Potter and now he's the spine-chilling Gruffalo.
With main rival Lleyton Hewitt slain by a half-giant, who is there - apart from young pretender Andy Roddick - to stop the world's greatest player breaking a record that has lasted more than 70 years?
``The way the books are written, more and more is revealed about Hagrid as the stories progress - he has a very dark side, of course, being half-giant.
I'm so glad to have found another half-giant, he tells her.
Coltrane plays Rubeus Hagrid, Harry's half-giant, half-human, protector in the blockbuster wizard movies.
He has played Harry Potter's half-giant friend Rubeus Hagrid in all four movies.