Aaron Scharf likens the effect to halation, or the effect of light reaching beyond the boundaries of the darker objects, creating a soft edge.
What does HALO stand for?
HALO stands for Halation (cinematography)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HALO
We have 46 other meanings of HALO in our Acronym Attic
- Hands Across Long Island (New York)
- Healthy Alliance Life Insurance Company (Missouri)
- High Arctic Large Igneous Province
- High Alpha Inviscid Solution
- Hampton Alliance for Lifelong Learning (Hampton, New Brunswick, Canada)
- High Altitude, Long Loiter (aircraft)
- Houston Area Law Librarians (Houston, TX)
- Hepatic Artery Lymph Node
- HIV/AIDS Library Network (Australia)
- Habitation and Logistics Outpost (space flight)
- Hazardous Area Life-Support Organization (Humanitarian aid organization and trust fund)
- Help a Loser Out
- Helping and Leading Others (est. 2009)
- Hematopoietic/Hemotoxicity Assays Via Luminescence Output (HemoGenix)
- High Altitude Large Optics
- High Altitude Long Operating (Angel Technologies)
- High Altitude Low Observable
- High Altitude Low Opening (parachuting)
- High Altitude Low Orbit (game)
- High Altitude Observatory
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, every regiment staff had its own intelligence office and reconnaissance halation.
Ramallah -- PNN - On Friday three children were injured many were treated for the effects of tear gas in halation as Israeli troops attacked anti-wall protests organized in a number of West Bank communities.
Halation removal eliminates 98 percent of reflectivity and the image improvement function can solve low-contrast or illumination problems.
Four people rescued by John were taken to Fraserburgh Hospital and treated for smoke in halation.
When I write during periods of insomnia, there are passages burned away by too much looking, or overexposed, an effect that photographers call halation.
3) Recent developments in pharmaceutical analysis of TPE containing in halation products.
In halation aromatherapy during radiotherapy: results of a placebo-controlled double-blind randomized trial, J.