Belted kingfisher, 7; red-bellied woodpecker, 20; yellow-bellied sapsucker, 1; downy woodpecker, 147; hairy woodpecker, 36; pileated woodpecker, 2.
What does HAWO stand for?
HAWO stands for Hairy Woodpecker
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HAWO
- Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa
- Homing All the Way Killer/Missile Minder
- Homing All the Way Killer Assignment Zone
- Homing All the Way Killer Platoon Command Post
- Hamilton Area Wireless Kontrol Society (model airplanes; Ohio)
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers (Florida)
- Homoeopathy at Wellie Level (UK)
- Hierarchical Additive Weighting Method
- In-Home Area Wireless Networks
- Hope for African Women (Mbale District, Uganda)
- Harrow and Wembley Outdoor Group (UK)
- Hawaii Association of Watershed Partnerships
- Hamilton Aquatic Water Polo Club (Canada)
- Hadoop with Query
- Health Aspects Water Quality Committee (Australia)
- Hebrew Academy of West Queens (New York)
- Helicopter Attack Warning Radar
- Hartbeespoort Animal Welfare Society (South Africa)
- Have A Wonderful Summer
Samples in periodicals archive:
In descending order, these were dark-eyed junco (Junco hyemalis), pygmy nuthatch (Sitta pygmaea), western bluebird (Sialia mexicana), white-breasted nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis), mountain chickadee (Poecile gambeli), ruby-crowned kinglet (Regulus calendula), Steller's jay (Cyanocitta stelleri), hairy woodpecker (Picoides villosus), and brown creeper (Certhia americana).
Downy woodpeckers (Picoides pubescens) can excavate a complete cavity in two weeks, whereas hairy woodpeckers (Picoides villosus) can take up to four weeks (Kilham 1983).
Upland and flood-plain forests provide homes for birds as diverse as swallow-tailed kites, hairy woodpeckers, and Bachman's sparrows.
A large hairy woodpecker lands on a nearby feeder filled with peanuts.
For answers, the scientists are looking to pine snags, hairy woodpeckers, wood rats, soil fungi - everything that plays a role in what lives and dies and recycles back into the forest.