A view to the future: Combining the Haight-Ashbury Free Clinics and Walden House.
What does HAFC stand for?
HAFC stands for Haight-Ashbury Free Clinic (San Francisco, CA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HAFC
We have 7 other meanings of HAFC in our Acronym Attic
- Help Africa Fight Against Poverty
- Hancock Air Force Base (Syracuse, New York; now closed)
- Hanscom Air Force Base (Massachusetts)
- Heavy Assault Floating Bridge (UK)
- Hickam Air Force Base (Hawaii)
- Hill Air Force Base (Utah)
- Holloman Air Force Base (New Mexico)
- Homestead Air Force Base (Florida)
- Howard Air Force Base (USAF; turned over to Panamanian control 1999)
- Hunting and Fishing Buddies Online
- Hamilton Academical Football Club (South Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK)
- Hawkwell Athletic Football Club (est. 1974; UK)
- Household Auto Finance Corp
- Housing Authority of Fulton County (est. 1972; Atlanta, GA)
- Hydro-Assist Fuel Cell (car part)
- Haight Ashbury Free Clinics, Inc.
- Hannaford Associates Federal Credit Union (Portland, ME)
- Health Associates Federal Credit Union (Orange, CA)
- Honeywell Aerospace Federal Credit Union
- Happy April Fools Day
Samples in periodicals archive:
As David Smith, director of the Haight-Ashbury Free Clinic, observed, the name "suggested that it made sex better.
And at least as early as 1976, researchers at the Haight-Ashbury Free Clinic in San Francisco, whom Jonnes chides for glamorizing cocaine, noted pharmacological similarities between cocaine and amphetamines - a drug to whose dangers the clinic had already alerted the community with the Speed Kills campaign of the late 1960s.