Hague Appeal for Peace Global Campaign for Peace Education pointed out that; "A culture of peace will be achieved when citizens of the world understand global problems, have the skills to resolve conflicts and struggle for justice non-violently, live by international standards of human rights and equity, appreciate cultural diversity, and respect the Earth and each other.
What does HAP stand for?
HAP stands for Hague Appeal for Peace
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HAP
We have 226 other meanings of HAP in our Acronym Attic
- Highly Abstract Object Language
- Hyvinkään Ammattioppilaitos
- Herman and Aliza Oliver Museum
- Hybrid Atomic Orbital Model
- Hellenic Association for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Greece)
- Houston Area Oxidant Study
- Hands Around Our Rivers Festival (Bay City, Michigan)
- Hyundai Assan Otomotiv Sanayi (Turkish: Hyundai Assan Automotive Industry)
- Hellenic Association of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (Greece)
- High-Alumina Olivine Tholeiite (geology)
- Hai Asia Pacific (Sri Lanka)
- Hardware Architecture Plan
- Hazard Abatement Plan (US FEMA)
- Hazardous Air Pollutant
- Health Administration Press (American College of Healthcare Executives)
- Health Advocacy Program (various locations)
- Health Alliance Plan (Michigan)
- Healthcare Assistance Program (various locations)
- Healthy Aging Partnership (Puget Sound, WA)
- Hearing Aid Program (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Multiplying the Billions The Ribbon Demonstration, developed by Cora Weiss of the Hague Appeal for Peace, is a useful exercise to visualize the priority given to military spending over funds for human needs.
The Hague Appeal for Peace Global Campaign for Peace Education, May, 1999) </pre> <p>Peace education is historically viewed as situated in a variety of sub-fields that rely on practices and perspectives that are varied, multidisciplinary, and assume mutually beneficial relationships, and is sometimes identified as universal respect for human rights, and assumes the presence of social justice and equity.
We (Mel and David) first met almost a year later, in May 1999, at the Hague Appeal for Peace.
FARLIZ CALLE read this statement at the Hague Appeal for Peace, May 12, 1999, on behalf of the Children's Movement for Peace in Colombia.
A week later, a small delegation from the Hague Appeal for Peace participated in a governmental meeting, the Centennial First International Peace Conference, held at the Peace Pal ace in The Hague.
On May 11, 1999, the Hague Appeal for Peace convened an International Peace Conference at the Netherlands Conference Center -- on the 100th Anniversary of the first Peace Conference.
Represented by initiatives such as Abolition 2000 and the Hague Appeal for Peace 1999, dynamic actions are being taken by NGOs (nongovernmental organizations) seeking the elimination of nuclear weapons, and worldwide public opinion is increasingly supportive of peace.