He won a scholarship to Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' School in Cricklewood, before choosing to read history at Cambridge University, where he came under the influence of eminent historian JH Plumb.
What does HABS stand for?
HABS stands for Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' School (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HABS
We have 5 other meanings of HABS in our Acronym Attic
- High Arterial Blood Pressure
- High Availability Business Partner (IBM)
- Hospital-Acquired Bacterial Pneumonia
- Hyaluronic Acid-Binding Protein
- Hepatic Arterial Buffer Response
- Hinesville Area Board of Realtors (Hinesville, GA)
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Hybrid Anaerobic Baffled Reactor
- Housing and Building Research Institute
- Human Animal Bond Research Initiative (foundation)
- High Altitude Bombing System
- High-Affinity Binding Site
- Historic American Building Survey
- Les Habitants (Montreal Canadians Hockey Club)
- Montréal Canadiens (NHL)
- Historic American Buildings Survey and Historic American Engineering Record (journal)
- Harmful Algal BloomS Observing System
- Habitability Technology
- Highland Avenue Baptist Tabernacle (Fort Thomas, KY)
- Hips-Abs-Butt-Thighs (class; Singapore)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last week David put his three son's names down at the pounds 15,000-a-year Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' school in Borehamwood, Herts - near the couple's Beckingham Palace home in Sawbridgeworth.
He was educated at Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' School before entering the Royal Academy of Music on a scholarship to study with Rowsby Woof, the great pre-war string teacher.