When Congress refocused on the Section 8 program in the late 1990s, it found that HUD was paying higher than market rent in many buildings, and mandated that HUD pay true market rents.
What does HMFA stand for?
HMFA stands for HUD (Housing and Urban Development) Metro Fair Market (rent)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HMFA
We have 5 other meanings of HMFA in our Acronym Attic
- Hollow Metal Frame (door design)
- Human Magnetic Force
- Human Milk Fortifier
- Hypergolic Maintenance Facility
- 5-Hydroxymethyl-2-Furoic Acid
- Hamilton Minor Football Association (Canada)
- Handpan Music for Animals
- Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (New Jersey)
- Houston Museum of Fine Arts (Texas)
- Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Hepatic Mitochondrial Fatty Acid Oxidation
- Hume Murray Food Bowl (Australia)
- Hannah Montana Fan Club
- Heart of Midlothian Football Club (Scottish soccer team established 1874)
- Heilig-Meyers Furniture Company (Virginia)
- Horror Movie Fan Club
- Hutcheson Memorial Forest Center (New Jersey)
- Hyundai Motor Finance Company (aka Hyundai Motor Finance Corporation)
- Holston Methodist Federal Credit Union (Knoxville, TN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This report examines (1) how HUD ensures that appraisers it approves are qualified to perform FHA appraisals, (2) the extent to which HUD employs a risk-based monitoring approach, and (3) HUD's efforts to take enforcement action against noncompliant appraisers.
s CDCs and the larger HUD context in which they operate offer some important lessons on the limits of government-and why government ought to stay limited: There is no such thing as effective government oversight.
HUD Secretary Mel Martinez issued the directive March 15.
Part of the problem is the continued suspicion of HUD programs among conservative Republicans.
This technique, frequently employed by HUD and other public and private organizations, consists of sending a Caucasian applicant and a minority applicant to the same place, and then comparing the information or treatment each receives to determine whether any discrimination took place.