Young HIV-positive women in the United States had high rates of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection when they entered an HPV vaccine study.
What does HITCH stand for?
HITCH stands for HPV (Human Papillomavirus) Infection and Transmission among Couples through Heterosexual Activity (study; Canada)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Honesty Is the Best Policy
- Half-Inch Tape Cartridge
- Hamilton IT (Information Technology) Consulting Pty. Ltd. (Australia)
- Hanoi International Technology Centre Ltd. (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- Here Is the City (financial news)
- Highest Interexchange Transporter Charge (telecommunications tariff)
- Hope in the Community (Kent, England, UK)
- Hughes Information Technology Corporation
- Headquarters Information Technology and Communications Division (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
- High Thermal Coefficient of Expansion
- Harnessing Information Technology for Development (UN)
- Heterojunction Interband Tunneling Diode
- Humanity Is the Devil (band)
- Hospitality Industry Training and Development Centre (Hong Kong)
- Highest Interexchange Transporter Daytime Rate (telecommunications)
- Hoisting, Inspection, Training and Engineering (Ontario, Canada)
- Hub Industrial and Trading Estate (Balochistan, Pakistan)
- Human Impact on Terrestrial Ecosystems
- Heartland Illinois Technology Enterprise Center (Bradley University)
- Heavy Industries Taxila Education City (Pakistan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
HPV is the most common sexually transmitted infection worldwide, with 6.
5 times as high among individuals whose partner was HPV-positive as among those whose partner was not infected; indeed, partner's infection status was the strongest predictor of current HPV infection.
The American Social Health Association reports that HPV is one of the most common STDs in the United States.
HPV infections, which often produce no immediate symptom, were already known to cause cervical cancer.
Giving the HPV vaccine to young women could be potentially harmful because they may see it as a license to engage in premarital sex.