March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Study results presented today at the Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections by the HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) show that a series of community efforts can increase the number of people who get tested and know their HIV status, especially among men and young people with HIV who might otherwise transmit the virus to others.
What does HPTN stand for?
HPTN stands for HIV Prevention Trials Network
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of HPTN in our Acronym Attic
- Hallelujah, Praise the Lord (Christianity)
- High Performance Thin Layer (chromatography)
- High Power Testing Laboratory (Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry; Japan)
- High-Payoff Target List
- High-Performance Thin Layer Chromatography
- Historic Preservation Trust of Lancaster County (Lancaster, PA)
- Hauptmann (German: Captain)
- High Power Transmission Mode
- Horizontal Pull Test Machine
- Hyper-Parallel Tempering Monte Carlo (simulation method)
- Home Page Take Over (online advertising)
- Hibah Penelitian Tim Pasca Sarjana (Indonesian: Graduate Team Research Grant)
- High Performance Training Program (sports)
- Historic Preservation Technical Procedures (US GSA)
- Historic Properties Treatment Plan
- Home Parenteral Therapy Program (Canada)
- Human Pancreatic Thread Protein
- Human Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase
- High Pressure Turbine Rotor
- High-Precision Tube Roller
Samples in periodicals archive:
As co-director of the Combination Prevention Core at the Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment Services and the UCLA Center for Clinical AIDS Research & Education, he conducts research through the HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN) and the AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG), which awarded him the John Carey Young Investigator Award in 2010.
The data are the latest from the landmark HIV Prevention Trials Network study number 052 (HPTN 052), which previously had shown that use of antiretroviral therapy (ART) early - when CD4 counts were between 350 and 550 cells/[m.
These include the International Centers of Excellence in Research (ICERs), International Collaborations for Infectious Disease Research (ICIDRs), the Tropical Medicine Research Centers (TMRCs), the Tuberculosis Research Program, the HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN), and the HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN).
These are among 60 US and international institutions that have been selected and that through the NIAID HIV/AIDS clinical trials networks--AIDS Clinical Trials Group, HIV Prevention Trials Network, HIV Vaccine Trials Network, International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials Network, International Network for Strategic Initiatives in Global HIV Trials, and Microbicide Trials Network--will participate in research to address the highest priorities in HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment.
NIH's International HIV Prevention Trials Network is focusing on six key strategies, one of which homes in specifically on microbicides.
Tenofovir gel has previously been evaluated in a Phase I study, and Phase II studies are being conducted through the National Institutes of Health's HIV Prevention Trials Network.
WASHINGTON - Giving antiretroviral therapy early to HIV-positive patients is cost effective over a 5-year and lifetime horizon, according to a subanalysis of a large trial, the HIV Prevention Trials Network study number 052 (HPTN 052).