The HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA) of the Infectious Diseases Society of America represents physicians, scientists and other health care professionals who practice on the frontline of the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
What does HIVMA stand for?
HIVMA stands for HIV Medicine Association (since 2000; Alexandria, Virginia)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Higher Institute of Villainous Education (Mark Walden book)
- Highly-parallel Integrated Virtual Environment
- Huge Immersive Virtual Environment (Miami University; Ohio)
- Humanity in Visual Expression
- Hybrid Integration and Visualization Engine
- Human Iliac Vein Endothelial Cells
- HIV: An Electronic Media Information Review (now officially closed)
- High Volume Electrostatic Sampler
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Immune Globulin
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Individuals
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Nephropathy
- High Vacuum Orbital Simulator
- Humanistisch Instituut voor Ontwikkelingssamenwerking (Dutch: International Humanist Institute for Cooperation with Developing Countries)
- Homologous In Vitro Penetration
- Host Interactive Voice Response
- HIV Research Network
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus San Francisco Isolate 2
- Hoger Instituut voor Vertalers en Tolken
- Hawaiian Island Weddings
- Hazardous Industrial Waste
Samples in periodicals archive:
IDWEEK was the combined annual meetings of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, the HIV Medicine Association, and the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society.
According to the American Academy of HIV Medicine (AAHIVM) and the HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA), fewer physicians are choosing HIV care as a career and as many as one third of all physicians currently providing HIV care plan to retire within the next ten years .
The national HIV Medicine Association recently developed a policy statement that would do just that and sent it off to the FDA, which has said it will review its current policy sometime this year.
cfm--The HIV Medicine Association has relevant links.